Picture > Processors > High Speed
The Silver Sprinter is a 35mm sprocket drive ECP processor
designed for high volume production of 35mm colour print material under the
most demanding workloads and has been designed with maintenance in mind to ensure
minimum downtime. Models up to 300 ft/min use the ECP2D process while the 400
ft/min and faster machines generally use the CP3 process. Installed machines
have proven to be very reliable in service are profitable for their owners.
All Silver Sprinter processors include a wet section rack lift facility that,
at the touch of a button, raises the complete wet section (or sections) of the
processor clear of the chemical solutions. This system ensures that inspection
of the film path and bottom components can be carried out without unlacing film;
it is a simple matter to check components and film path that, on other manufacturers’
equipment, are submerged in the depths of the tanks and impossible to check
without substantial dismantling. Further, with the rack section lifted, the
entire film transport can be energised enabling visual inspection of the complete
transport system in operation.
All processors are fitted with the following standard features:
- Stainless steel construction with type 316L stainless steel and titanium
tanks as required by the process specification
- Variable speed AC Inverter motor drive with display indicating transport
- High velocity air impinged film-drying system with passive anti-static
devices and humidity control
- Automatic chemical replenishment system with manual over-ride and safety
- Automatic wash water saving system. Manual over-ride with safety time-out
- Wash water manifold for distribution and control of each wash tank unit.
- Air vacuum squeegee and/or up strand wipers to each crossover position
with vacuum pump if required
- Floor standing independent chemical control and circulation unit
- Circulation flow meters
- Magnetic drive circulation pumps with separate high volume agitation pumps
- All solutions are individually temperature controlled, heated and filtered
with digital temperature displays and precise easily achieved temperature
- Chemical heating via stainless steel and titanium heat exchangers
- PIMOS Management System
- Film break detection with alarm
PIMOS Management System
Using P-L-C (Programmable Logic Control) hardware, Photomec
have developed the PIMOS Software System to manage film processing machine control.
This system, situated at the take-off station, allows a touch screen for operator
use with visual indication of the following machine functions and conditions:
Optional equipment includes:
- Feed on elevator position.
- Film format (i.e. 35mm or leader) being loaded at feed on end.
- Wash water flow indication.
- Digital speed.
- Chemical and dryer temperature displays with facility for simple adjustment.
- Chemical timer with Seven day timed on/off
- Standby timer with variable on/off cycle.
- Manual override.
- Total machine running hours.
- Total footage count.
- Simple diagnostic faultfinding display.
- Routine maintenance prompts.
- Low voltage signaling wiring.
- Pump or heater failure.
- Film break location.
- CCD in-line film viewer for checking of processed film before processor
- Logging of PIMOS data directly into Microsoft Excel for complete monitoring
of the processor anywhere in the laboratory.
- PIMOS modem link to our factory for remote technical support.